In mid-April, Joel’s parents (Dick and Barbara) came to visit us in India. Neither one of them had been out of the country (except for Jamaica on a cruise) so I was so impressed that they were willing to make such a big journey to see us. Since they hadn’t seen much of the world, I was really excited for them to see India. They had 10 days on the ground and so I made up a schedule to let them see as much of India as possible, while also having some down time to spend with the boys. It was a whirlwind of a week and we made a ton of memories!
They flew into Mumbai Thursday night. I got out of bed to say hello, but everyone went to sleep pretty quickly. With the help of Ambien, they had a pretty restful night! We got up the next morning and I made them a pancake breakfast while they played with the boys. Mid morning we took off to show them Joel’s office. I think they were a little surprised at how, um, not nice it was! Joel stayed at the office to do a few hours of work and I took them to the store to show them where we buy food. That evening when Joel got home we had Gavin’s birthday party. Lilly, Sophia, and Veronica all dressed up nice and even let me borrow a sari. Gavin had on his kurta suit. We had birthday cake with the girls and then they headed home. I had offered for them to stay for dinner, but then it would have been too late for them to go home safely, so we just did the cake. After they left we had a nice spaghetti dinner (buffalo meat of course) and then opened Gavin’s presents. Dick and Barbie had brought presents to Gavin from all our family in the States. He got so many wonderful things! It was a fun night at home.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment